Insomnia Treatment Nyc – How To Know You Have Insomnia.
Insomnia is a type of ailment that consumes the life of many individuals by obstructing their sleep routines. Insomnia makes it hard to maintain a normal sleep pattern and extends the feeling of an unfulfilled night’s sleep. It is one of the primary causes of uneasiness and fatigue the person experiences throughout the day. Less sleep due to insomnia can forbid occupational and social activities. Some sleep disorders like sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome can be accompanied with some forms of insomnia and many medical conditions that can also turn into insomnia.
One of prominent insomnia is known as Psychophysiologic Insomnia. This type of insomnia occurs in around 15% of patients suffering from this ailment. This insomnia immediately affects the health and results in a stressful life routine in a patient’s life. They will start to experience restless events at night with a mental hyperarousal condition, leading to insomnia. Individuals are usually anxious with agitation at night; this creates a continuous or chronic cycle of insomnia that leads to poor sleep. Each night of insomniac events builds up from one night to another, leading to a drastic increase in symptoms.
At Grand Central Wellness located in Grand Central area, you can get the Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment for insomnia in NYC. Following are some of the symptoms of insomnia that people experience throughout their routine:
- Difficulty sleeping at night.
- Repeatedly waking up from a night of sleep.
- Lack of energy and refreshing feeling throughout the day.
- People become oblivious to their works and often face difficulty recalling their thoughts.
- Continuously having mood swings and stressful behavior.
- Intends to become less involved in their tasks or school.
- May also suffer from anxiety and depression due to lack of proper sleep.
Types Of Insomnia.
Insomnia symptoms often fluctuate depending on the severity. It may come and go, or it can be continuous and longstanding. There are two types: short-term insomnia and chronic insomnia.
Short-term insomnia tends to continue for a few days or weeks and is frequently caused by stress.
Chronic insomnia This type of insomnia occurs when the sleep routine becomes immensely obstructing at least three times a week or three months or longer.
Acupuncture For Insomnia – How To Relieve Symptoms.
Research and studies have proven that Chinese Medicine Treatment has a unique and different viewpoint on the human body when compared to Western medicine. Lack of sleep indicates that specific functions of the body have become imbalanced, and the underlying reason could be anything related to the person’s daily life. Our certified acupuncturists use their expertise to discover these imbalances. And use traditional Chinese herbs, acupuncture, nutrition, and exercise as part of their therapies to treat their patients. The magnificence of acupuncture is that it uses natural ways to help reboot the nervous system so that you can live a long healthful life and be free of health conditions.
Following are the ways explaining how acupuncture treatment can remarkably treat insomnia:
- Acupuncture therapy can help improve your sleep by focusing on the symptoms causing distress and creating disharmony in your body.
- You feel more peaceful and less stressed by reducing cortisol levels (the stress hormone)
- Specific acupuncture points act specifically for improving sleep, decrease the sensitivity to stress pain, and neutralize the brain’s analysis capacity, which is responsible for stress, anxiety, and fearful thoughts.
- Stimulate the nerves that circulate the endorphins and enkephalins, which act on our body as natural pain killers and improve inflammation, reduce pain, and provide more profound relaxation.
Feel free contact us for consulation. We promise to treat our clients with full competency and expert skills to provide your customized treatment to relieve your insomnia.